Sunday, June 15, 2008

Single In the Suburbs: Man vs. Machinery

Being a single woman with a high libido, I find myself in somewhat of a catch 22 situation.
I have a drawer full of "toys" that have been used extensively, to the point where the motor in 2 of them burned out from over usage! Between my G-Spot Finder, Rabbit, standard vibrators big and small, vibrators are like men - they come in many shapes, sizes and colors.

Admittedly, if I'm taking matters into my own hands "they" [the toys] get the job done but can only accommodate one need: THE BIG "O" but I'm still left feeling unfulfilled! There lies the problem. It took me a long time to come to the realization that it's not just the orgasm I seek, it's the physical contact and connection; the afterglow and all the stuff that goes with an intimate encounter. Laying in bed, holding eachother, listening to eachother's breath, talking or not, snuggling, kanoodling, playing touchy-feely games. I want it...I want it all.

I enjoy the touch of a man, the excitement of the "newness" in a relationship. My friends seem to think the following:
-withholding sex is the way to go
-you should take the time to get to know who you're getting into bed with
-you can't base a relationship on sex.
-you should be independent and take care of your own needs until then

But what if you're compatible in every way except sexually? Sex is a big part of a relationship for me so I have to take a test drive and if I don't like the ride I'm not buying the car and yet I don't want continue to burn out the motors of my toys. There lies the conundrum.

No comments: